Communications in Laos
Laos is a little behind the times when it comes to cyber communication and you'll have to register important mail but, on the whole, the country is gradually becoming connected.Read More
- Full-Day Private Guided City Tour
- Private Tat Sae Waterfalls Hike with Elephant Ride
- Traditional Lao Life
- Private Full-Day Vientiane & Surrounds Excursion
- Private Full-Day Vang Vieng Excursion & Boat Ride
- Private Full-Day Tour to Phou Khao Khouay National Park
- Private Hill-Tribe Village & Kuang Si Falls Tour
- Small-Group Morning Almsgiving & Market Tour
- Private Day Trip to Nam Ngum Dam
- Small-Group Half-Day Vientiane Tour
PlaNet has cybercafes in both Vientiane (Setthathirat Road) and Luang Prabang (near the museum)
English-language Vientiane Times and French-language Le Renovateur.
The General Post Office (GPO) is beside the Morning Market in Vientiane. Normal mail service is inexpensive and generally reliable, however for urgent or valuable mail (either to or from Laos) EMS or courier service is recommended.
The GPO offers public telephones for local, national and international calls. Phone card (available at appointed shops) booths available for domestic and overseas calls. Most large hotels have IDD lines, but calls are expensive. Country code: 856. Outgoing international code: 00.