Emergency & Health in Laos
Laos is not an inherently dangerous place to travel around in but all the same precautions should be taken.Read More
- Private Standard Car: Luang Prabang International Airport (LPQ)
- Private Full-Day Tour to Phou Khao Khouay National Park
- Private Full-Day Vang Vieng Excursion & Boat Ride
- Private Day Trip to Nam Ngum Dam
- Full-Day Private Guided Pak Ou Caves Tour
- Private Elephant Riding & Kayaking Tour with Lunch
- Private Hill-Tribe Village & Kuang Si Falls Tour
- Full-Day Elephant & Trail Of Falls Experience
- Private Minibus: Luang Prabang International Airport (LPQ)
- Private Full-Day Kuang Si Falls Excursion
Basic emergency services. Assistance should be obtained through your hotel.
No vaccinations mandatory however, if travelling to remote or border areas, vaccination against typhoid, hepatitis, tetanus and Japanese encephalitis desirable. Outside of Vientiane, there is malaria risk. Adequate supplies of any prescription drugs should be carried as they may not be available locally. Comprehensive medical insurance recommended, including evacuation by air in case of emergency. Hospitals, particularly up-country, do not meet western standards.
Security and Safety
Tourist locations considered safe. Observe all normal precautions.
Tap Water Safety
Not potable. Purified, bottled water is available everywhere. Make sure the bottle is sealed.