Travel and Local Information Guide
Laos has a tropical climate with two distinct monsoon seasons. The wet southwest monsoon season runs from May to October while the northeast monsoon in the months of November to April brings drier weather. Though most of the country has warm temperatures year-round, it can get down to freezing conditions in the mountainous areas.
From the end of January to May the temperatures rise and it can get very sticky when the rains arrive in May. Daytime temperatures over 35°C are not unusual during these months. From June to October expect a fair bit of rain, even flooding in the Mekong River area. This region is also the country's warmest, with temperatures ranging from 15°C to the mid-30s. The higher altitude areas including Vientiane have more rainfall than the lowlands.
The best time to visit Laos is from November to February with the coolest, driest days as well as some of the country's most colourful festivals to enjoy.Read More
- Private Standard Car: Luang Prabang International Airport (LPQ)
- Private Full-Day Tour to Phou Khao Khouay National Park
- Private Full-Day Vang Vieng Excursion & Boat Ride
- Private Day Trip to Nam Ngum Dam
- Full-Day Private Guided Pak Ou Caves Tour
- Private Elephant Riding & Kayaking Tour with Lunch
- Private Hill-Tribe Village & Kuang Si Falls Tour
- Full-Day Elephant & Trail Of Falls Experience
- Private Minibus: Luang Prabang International Airport (LPQ)
- Private Full-Day Kuang Si Falls Excursion