Luang Prabang Attractions
What to See in Luang Prabang
For reasons that are soon become apparent, Luang Prabang is often described as the 'Jewel in Laos Crown'. Even though the town is well and truly on the tourist trail, it has nonetheless managed to preserve its natural splendor and inherent charm, exuding a missed-out-on-modernization vibe.
The majority of the city's sights can be reached on foot, so getting a map and making your way to the many temples (33 to be exact) is a good way to soak up the surroundings and observe the way of the Lao people, and the large monk community. The wonder of the ancient temples is apparent at first glance; the gentle and unassuming nature of the locals, given the chance, will also leave a lasting impression.Read More
- Private Standard Car: Luang Prabang International Airport (LPQ)
- Private Minibus: Luang Prabang International Airport (LPQ)
- Small-Group Laos Cooking Class at Tamnak Lao Restaurant Cooking School
- Private Half-Day City Tour
- Private Tat Sae Waterfalls Hike with Elephant Ride
- Private Full-Day City Tour
- Private River Cruise to Pak Ou Caves & Lao Villages Tour
- Private Full-Day Pak Ou Caves Excursion
- Half-Day Old Town Sightseeing Tour
- Private Full-Day City & Almsgiving Tour
Other Attractions in Luang Prabang
This market town on the west bank of Nam Ou in northern Luang Prabang Province is surrounded by mountains and caves. Experience rural Laos were children give away flowers and the local fisherman go about their daily business.
A walk through the paddy fields and then climbing a bamboo ladder to reach the limestone interior of the nearby cave is recommended.