Luang Prabang Attractions
What to See in Luang Prabang
For reasons that are soon become apparent, Luang Prabang is often described as the 'Jewel in Laos Crown'. Even though the town is well and truly on the tourist trail, it has nonetheless managed to preserve its natural splendor and inherent charm, exuding a missed-out-on-modernization vibe.
The majority of the city's sights can be reached on foot, so getting a map and making your way to the many temples (33 to be exact) is a good way to soak up the surroundings and observe the way of the Lao people, and the large monk community. The wonder of the ancient temples is apparent at first glance; the gentle and unassuming nature of the locals, given the chance, will also leave a lasting impression.Read More
- Full-Day Private Guided City Tour
- Private Tat Sae Waterfalls Hike with Elephant Ride
- Traditional Lao Life
- Private Full-Day Vientiane & Surrounds Excursion
- Private Full-Day Vang Vieng Excursion & Boat Ride
- Private Full-Day Tour to Phou Khao Khouay National Park
- Private Hill-Tribe Village & Kuang Si Falls Tour
- Small-Group Morning Almsgiving & Market Tour
- Private Day Trip to Nam Ngum Dam
- Small-Group Half-Day Vientiane Tour
Other Attractions in Luang Prabang
This market town on the west bank of Nam Ou in northern Luang Prabang Province is surrounded by mountains and caves. Experience rural Laos were children give away flowers and the local fisherman go about their daily business.
A walk through the paddy fields and then climbing a bamboo ladder to reach the limestone interior of the nearby cave is recommended.