The Living Land Company is a community-run organic farm supplying fresh vegetables, herbs, salads and rice to hotels and restaurants in Luang Prabang. You can take a daytrip to the farm and experience the life of a Lao farmer.
There’s a beautiful Lao-style house overlooking 100,000 sq m of rice terraces and organic vegetable fields. The Living Land Company organic farm stretches over 20,000 hectares, cultivating all manner of herbs and vegetables including beetroot, mint, and mustard. The farm aims to offer an alternative to the current slash-and-burn farming methods which result in unusable land following harvest.
- Full-Day Private Guided City Tour
- Private Tat Sae Waterfalls Hike with Elephant Ride
- Traditional Lao Life
- Private Full-Day Vientiane & Surrounds Excursion
- Private Full-Day Vang Vieng Excursion & Boat Ride
- Private Full-Day Tour to Phou Khao Khouay National Park
- Private Hill-Tribe Village & Kuang Si Falls Tour
- Small-Group Morning Almsgiving & Market Tour
- Private Day Trip to Nam Ngum Dam
- Small-Group Half-Day Vientiane Tour
The Living Land Company lets you learn how to practise traditional Lao rice farming methods. A knowledgeable guide will teach you about ancient rice harvesting and planting methods, as well as threshing and winnowing rice.
You can also combine your time at the farm with a cooking lesson. Learn how to make claypot soup, curry paste, and sticky rice steamed in a woven basket. The class takes place at an open-air wooden pavilion, where you’ll be surrounded by vegetable fields with grazing buffalo and rolling hills close by.
The Living Land Company
- Address: Ban Phong Van, Luang Prabang, Laos
- Tel: +856 20 55 199 208