The Luang Prabang Library offers a chance for you to give something back to the children of Laos. Many of the local children have limited access to books - in fact, some villages in Laos don’t even have schools. The library works towards providing reading materials to kids in some of the more remote areas by operating 2 library boats that deliver books to 75 different villages along the Mekong.
These boats stay overnight at the villages, with staff organising active learning games during the day and operating as libraries for children to borrow books at night. Each boat carries 1,000 books, with about 100 titles are passed to primary schools.
- Full-Day Private Guided City Tour
- Private Tat Sae Waterfalls Hike with Elephant Ride
- Traditional Lao Life
- Private Full-Day Vientiane & Surrounds Excursion
- Private Full-Day Vang Vieng Excursion & Boat Ride
- Private Full-Day Tour to Phou Khao Khouay National Park
- Private Hill-Tribe Village & Kuang Si Falls Tour
- Small-Group Morning Almsgiving & Market Tour
- Private Day Trip to Nam Ngum Dam
- Small-Group Half-Day Vientiane Tour
Luang Prabang Library
You can participate by donating money through their website or buying souvenirs at the library. All proceeds go towards funding the boat fuel and buying books. Donating books to the library is also welcomed.
The library also receives government and foreign charity funding to help provide reading materials for indigenous Lao children. The Luang Prabang Library is located close to the night market on Sisavangvong Road, opposite Wat Mai Suwannaphumaham.
- Opening Hours: Daily from 8am to 5pm
- Address: Sisavangvong Road, Luang Prabang, Laos
- Tel: +856 20 5567 0890