The Luang Prabang Night Market takes place at the corner of Settathilat and Sisavangvong Roads in the town centre. From 5pm onwards, the entire length of the street is closed off to vehicles and the hill-tribe traders emerge with their various apparels, ceramics, bamboo, lamps, blankets, bed covers, handicrafts and silk scarves.
Many vendors come from nearby Hmong Market, as it disperses right before sunset, and they bring along with them the same collection of ethnic handicrafts and trinkets that they were selling there.
- Full-Day Private Guided City Tour
- Private Tat Sae Waterfalls Hike with Elephant Ride
- Traditional Lao Life
- Private Full-Day Vientiane & Surrounds Excursion
- Private Full-Day Vang Vieng Excursion & Boat Ride
- Private Full-Day Tour to Phou Khao Khouay National Park
- Private Hill-Tribe Village & Kuang Si Falls Tour
- Small-Group Morning Almsgiving & Market Tour
- Private Day Trip to Nam Ngum Dam
- Small-Group Half-Day Vientiane Tour
Keep your eyes open, though, for a handful of stalls popping up from time to time that offer something slightly different. They often quote higher prices than when buying from the shops during day time, so make sure you haggle (politely) or shop around first.
Shops and hotels lining both sides of the road are also open for business, selling handmade souvenirs, Lao coffee beans, homemade whiskeys, and books. Head to the end of the market to find food stalls selling Laotian street food at affordable prices.
Popular dishes include grilled meat, Lao noodle soup, pho, meat-filled baguette, and ready-to-eat meals for takeaways. Some of the bigger stalls have long wooden tables and benches, though these seats tend to fill up fast.
Luang Prabang Night Market
- Opening Hours: Daily from 5pm to 11pm
- Location: Sisavangvong Road, Luang Prabang, Laos