Tamarind: A Taste of Laos serves tasty and healthy traditional Lao food in Luang Prabang. Located near Wat Sene, the restaurant is relatively busy and packed at meal times, so be sure to head there early. The menu ranges from platter combinations of dips and salads, to soups, miang (wraps), larb (minced meat salad), stir-fried and grilled a-la-carte dishes.
Opt for the set dinner, which includes Tamarind’s signature dishes such as sticky rice, herbed fish steamed in banana leaf, lemongrass stuffed with chicken, Luang Prabang sausage, dips and relishes.
- Full-Day Private Guided City Tour
- Private Tat Sae Waterfalls Hike with Elephant Ride
- Traditional Lao Life
- Private Full-Day Vientiane & Surrounds Excursion
- Private Full-Day Vang Vieng Excursion & Boat Ride
- Private Full-Day Tour to Phou Khao Khouay National Park
- Private Hill-Tribe Village & Kuang Si Falls Tour
- Small-Group Morning Almsgiving & Market Tour
- Private Day Trip to Nam Ngum Dam
- Small-Group Half-Day Vientiane Tour
The Adventurous Lao Gourmet (420,000 kip for 2 people) is a degustation-style menu that covers exotic tastes and textures not found in many local restaurants. The drinks menu covers a range of refreshing fruit juices, herbal drinks, fruit teas, custom-made liquors, and Beerlao.
For those who’d like to go more deeply into Lao cuisine, explore Lao cooking through Tamarind’s onsite cooking school. Classes begin with a guided morning tour of a food market, where you will learn about the key ingredients used in Lao food and how they are used.
Back at the school, a local teacher will guide you through the process of preparing 6 different dishes. You can then enjoy your meals at an open-air pavilion with views over the Nam Khan River. A cookbook will also be given so that you can recreate traditional Lao cuisince back home.
Tamarind: A Taste of Laos
- Opening Hours: Monday–Saturday from 11am to 4.15pm and from 5.30pm to 9pm (closed on Sundays)
- Address: Ban Wat Sene, Luang Prabang, Laos
- Tel: +856 71 213 128