Popular with Lao and international tourists alike, Tamnak Lao Restaurant specializes in traditional unique Luang Prabang Lao cuisine. A taste sensation all on its own, Lao food combines texture with flavor, and many of the dishes served at Tamnak Lao Restaurant are prepared with bark, wood and vegetables collected from the local jungle.
Have fun learning more about Lao cuisine at the Tamnak Lao Cooking School. The school offers whole-day classes or evening classes to suit every travel schedule. Using the Cook Book provided during the class, it is guaranteed you will be able to cook the dishes at home.
- Full-Day Private Guided City Tour
- Private Tat Sae Waterfalls Hike with Elephant Ride
- Traditional Lao Life
- Private Full-Day Vientiane & Surrounds Excursion
- Private Full-Day Vang Vieng Excursion & Boat Ride
- Private Full-Day Tour to Phou Khao Khouay National Park
- Private Hill-Tribe Village & Kuang Si Falls Tour
- Small-Group Morning Almsgiving & Market Tour
- Private Day Trip to Nam Ngum Dam
- Small-Group Half-Day Vientiane Tour
The Tamnak Lao Restaurant and Cooking School are considered the best in Luang Prabang. There is no compromise towards providing great food at an affordable cost, and this is what makes this restaurant and cooking school such winners.
Tamnak Lao also runs a “One for One plus 20,000 Kip” Book Exchange which raises money for their Lao-Kids project. Read more at www.tamnaklao.net and www.lao-kids.org.
- Opening Hours: Every day from 9.00am to 10.30pm.
- Address: Sakkarine Road, Ban Watsene, Luang Prabang.
- Tel: Restaurant: +856 71 252525
Cooking School: +856 71 212239
- Cuisine: Specializes in traditional Luang Prabang cuisine.