Luang Prabang has a tropical climate typical of Southeast Asia with a dry season and a wet season. Found along the Mekong River, Luang Prabang enjoys warm weather year-round with temperatures ranging between 15°C and 38°C.
- Full-Day Private Guided City Tour
- Private Tat Sae Waterfalls Hike with Elephant Ride
- Traditional Lao Life
- Private Full-Day Vientiane & Surrounds Excursion
- Private Full-Day Vang Vieng Excursion & Boat Ride
- Private Full-Day Tour to Phou Khao Khouay National Park
- Private Hill-Tribe Village & Kuang Si Falls Tour
- Small-Group Morning Almsgiving & Market Tour
- Private Day Trip to Nam Ngum Dam
- Small-Group Half-Day Vientiane Tour
Best Time to Come
The best time to visit Luang Prabang is from November to March when the weather is more comfortably dry and cool. It can also get somewhat crowded, especially in January and during festivals so be sure to book ahead if travelling during this peak season.
The northeast monsoon brings dry, cooler temperatures to the city from November to May, while the rains come with the southwest monsoon from May to October. Annual rainfall is 1300 millimetres. Even during the rainy season the downpours last for only short periods, making it possible to visit Luang Prabang any time of year. The Mekong River may get flooded during the wettest months of August and September. March to May is the hottest time of year, when high levels of humidity combined with the heat can make for some sticky days indeed.