Laos Map and Area of Laos
Laos has experienced years of war and isolation, but now things are looking up for this small Southeast Asian nation. For instance, the number of tourists who visit the country has increased considerably. It is proof that more people are now discovering the beauty that is known as Laos. With its tranquil and serene landscape, the country deserves to be a tourist destination.
Laos, which is found northeast of Thailand and west of Vietnam, is the best place to go for travellers who want a simple, quiet and peaceful vacation. One can experience laid-back village life even in the nation's capital of Vientiane. Laos is also not without attractions, both natural and otherwise. Some of the best natural attractions outside the cities include the forested mountains of Northern Laos as well as the limestone karsts around Vang Vieng. The Si Phan Don (Four Thousand Islands), Nam Ha Npa and Nam Tok Katamtok are also worth seeing.
However, the most famous tourist destination in Laos is Luang Prabang. The former royal capital, which features both traditional Lao architecture and European colonial structures, is a UNESCO World Heritage Site. This beautiful town is home to 32 temples.Read More
- Full-Day Private Guided City Tour
- Private Tat Sae Waterfalls Hike with Elephant Ride
- Traditional Lao Life
- Private Full-Day Vientiane & Surrounds Excursion
- Private Full-Day Vang Vieng Excursion & Boat Ride
- Private Full-Day Tour to Phou Khao Khouay National Park
- Private Hill-Tribe Village & Kuang Si Falls Tour
- Small-Group Morning Almsgiving & Market Tour
- Private Day Trip to Nam Ngum Dam
- Small-Group Half-Day Vientiane Tour
Map of Laos