Laos Map and Area of Laos
Found in the heart of northern Laos is the town of Luang Prabang, the capital of the province of the same name. This UNESCO World Heritage Site is the country's main tourist attraction. The city also connects Laos to Thailand and China, making it a crucial town for commerce. It used to be the seat of the Lan Xang kingdom in the 16th century before Vientiane became the capital.
What makes Luang Prabang extraordinary is its old-world charm. The town fortunately survived wars and communism, and until now, it retains the grandeur of old Asia. Here one will see French-colonial buildings alongside traditional wooden Lao structures. The town has managed to fuse two different cultures into a unique and visually stunning townscape. Travellers are also drawn to Luang Prabang because of its natural and historical attractions. Both the Wat Xieng Thong temple and Haw Kham Royal Palace are great historical stops. Meanwhile, Kuang Si Falls and Pak Ou Caves are recommended natural tourism sites.
Luang Prabang is also religious significant. It is home to many Buddhist temples, monasteries and chapels. It is common to find hundreds of barefoot monks and their novices, walking around town in their sienna robes.Read More
- Private Standard Car: Luang Prabang International Airport (LPQ)
- Private Full-Day Tour to Phou Khao Khouay National Park
- Private Full-Day Vang Vieng Excursion & Boat Ride
- Private Day Trip to Nam Ngum Dam
- Full-Day Private Guided Pak Ou Caves Tour
- Private Elephant Riding & Kayaking Tour with Lunch
- Private Hill-Tribe Village & Kuang Si Falls Tour
- Full-Day Elephant & Trail Of Falls Experience
- Private Minibus: Luang Prabang International Airport (LPQ)
- Private Full-Day Kuang Si Falls Excursion