What to Do at Night in Savannakhet
Even on a Saturday night there is never a huge amount of people around to provide a ‘Saturday night’ feeling and atmosphere. Although Savannakhet is the second-largest city in Laos, travelers should not expect exciting nightlife venues.
However, the city is not completely dead at night; there are a number of restaurants and open-air bars along the Mekong River front where one can enjoy both imported beer and Beer Lao – 'Asia’s best beer' (TIME Magazine). While homemade and traditional alcoholic beverages like Lao Hai (jar alcohol) and Lao Lao (white lightning) is extremely strong they're worth trying!Read More
- Private Standard Car: Luang Prabang International Airport (LPQ)
- Private Full-Day Tour to Phou Khao Khouay National Park
- Private Full-Day Vang Vieng Excursion & Boat Ride
- Private Day Trip to Nam Ngum Dam
- Full-Day Private Guided Pak Ou Caves Tour
- Private Elephant Riding & Kayaking Tour with Lunch
- Private Hill-Tribe Village & Kuang Si Falls Tour
- Full-Day Elephant & Trail Of Falls Experience
- Private Minibus: Luang Prabang International Airport (LPQ)
- Private Full-Day Kuang Si Falls Excursion
An alternative choice for non-alcoholic drinks is a sip of traditional Lao coffee. Traditional iced coffee is rather sweet since condensed milk is usually added. Lao is known as the best place to grow coffee in Southeast Asia (mainly on the Bolovens Plateau around the town of Pekxong). Savannakhet is one of the best places to chill and get away from the chaos and noise of city life.