What to Do at Night in Savannakhet
Even on a Saturday night there is never a huge amount of people around to provide a ‘Saturday night’ feeling and atmosphere. Although Savannakhet is the second-largest city in Laos, travelers should not expect exciting nightlife venues.
However, the city is not completely dead at night; there are a number of restaurants and open-air bars along the Mekong River front where one can enjoy both imported beer and Beer Lao – 'Asia’s best beer' (TIME Magazine). While homemade and traditional alcoholic beverages like Lao Hai (jar alcohol) and Lao Lao (white lightning) is extremely strong they're worth trying!Read More
- Full-Day Private Guided City Tour
- Private Tat Sae Waterfalls Hike with Elephant Ride
- Traditional Lao Life
- Private Full-Day Vientiane & Surrounds Excursion
- Private Full-Day Vang Vieng Excursion & Boat Ride
- Private Full-Day Tour to Phou Khao Khouay National Park
- Private Hill-Tribe Village & Kuang Si Falls Tour
- Small-Group Morning Almsgiving & Market Tour
- Private Day Trip to Nam Ngum Dam
- Small-Group Half-Day Vientiane Tour
An alternative choice for non-alcoholic drinks is a sip of traditional Lao coffee. Traditional iced coffee is rather sweet since condensed milk is usually added. Lao is known as the best place to grow coffee in Southeast Asia (mainly on the Bolovens Plateau around the town of Pekxong). Savannakhet is one of the best places to chill and get away from the chaos and noise of city life.