The tennis club in Vientiane is part of the National Stadium complex, which is easy to find directly behind the National Museum. It’s open to the general public, and the two courts – upgraded for the SEA games in 2009 – are brightly coloured and surprisingly well maintained.
The laidback lifestyle of Vientiane is part of its charm, but for those who are feeling a little antsy, a few games of tennis might be the perfect antidote to all the lazing around and snacking on food.
- Full-Day Private Guided City Tour
- Private Tat Sae Waterfalls Hike with Elephant Ride
- Traditional Lao Life
- Private Full-Day Vientiane & Surrounds Excursion
- Private Full-Day Vang Vieng Excursion & Boat Ride
- Private Full-Day Tour to Phou Khao Khouay National Park
- Private Hill-Tribe Village & Kuang Si Falls Tour
- Small-Group Morning Almsgiving & Market Tour
- Private Day Trip to Nam Ngum Dam
- Small-Group Half-Day Vientiane Tour
It costs 30,000 Kip to rent a court and 35,000 Kip to rent rackets and balls for two people, making the total cost for a game 65,000 Kip ($8). A small kiosk is on site serving drinks and snacks.
The official playing time is from 16:00-22:00 but they are open in the daytime for any foreigners foolhardy enough to play in the midday sun – just make sure to drink plenty of fluids.
- Opening Hours: 16:00-22:00 (officially)
- Address: Chao Anouvong Tennis Club, National Stadium, Nakeokummane St
- Tel: 55607482
- Price Range: $8 (approx.) for two people, with equipment