Bor Pen Nyang is a 4-storey bar and restaurant overlooking the Mekong River and central Vientiane. The vibe changes throughout the day, so depending on the time of visit, you may find a chill-out bar with pool tables, a sunset roof terrace, or a vibrant backpacker-friendly club.
- Full-Day Private Guided City Tour
- Private Tat Sae Waterfalls Hike with Elephant Ride
- Traditional Lao Life
- Private Full-Day Vientiane & Surrounds Excursion
- Private Full-Day Vang Vieng Excursion & Boat Ride
- Private Full-Day Tour to Phou Khao Khouay National Park
- Private Hill-Tribe Village & Kuang Si Falls Tour
- Small-Group Morning Almsgiving & Market Tour
- Private Day Trip to Nam Ngum Dam
- Small-Group Half-Day Vientiane Tour
If you’re planning to catch the sunset, head there early as seats by the terrace get filled up fast. Bor Pen Nyang’s food menu ranges from fajitas and pizzas to Lao-style BBQ and stir-fried dishes – standouts include larb (minced meat salad), spicy seafood soup, and the special Swiss cheeseburger. Draught BeerLao are served in pints, pitchers and beer towers.
At night, it’s one of the liveliest night spots in the city, with a music policy of popular western music and 2 pool tables that are consistently busy. Anyone who fancies a game must write their name on a whiteboard and wait for the bar staff to come and notify them.
Bor Pen Nyang’s clientele is a chatty mix of backpackers, tourists, and locals. One of the renowned traits of Vientiane is how easy it is to fall into conversation with complete strangers – something which rarely happens in bigger, busier cities.
This trait is especially true in Bor Pen Nyang, so it’s a good spot for solo travellers looking to strike up a conversation with like-minded tourists and friendly locals.
Bor Pen Nyang
- Opening Hours: Daily from 10am to midnight
- Location: Quai Fa Ngum, Vientiane, Laos
- Tel: +856 21 261 373