Kong View Restaurant provides a great setting to enjoy stunning views of the Mekong River, together with an excellent menu of Asian and European dishes. The restaurant occupies a traditional Lao-style building, with wooden fixtures and tasteful mood lighting – both add to that chilled-out ambiance and welcoming feel.
Kong View Restaurant serves authentic Laos and Thai dishes, together with a selection of European favourites. Most of the ala carte dishes are meant for sharing, so it’s a good idea to order a few plates for the table.
- Full-Day Private Guided City Tour
- Private Tat Sae Waterfalls Hike with Elephant Ride
- Traditional Lao Life
- Private Full-Day Vientiane & Surrounds Excursion
- Private Full-Day Vang Vieng Excursion & Boat Ride
- Private Full-Day Tour to Phou Khao Khouay National Park
- Private Hill-Tribe Village & Kuang Si Falls Tour
- Small-Group Morning Almsgiving & Market Tour
- Private Day Trip to Nam Ngum Dam
- Small-Group Half-Day Vientiane Tour
If you’re there just for the sunset view, appetisers such as crispy prawn spring rolls and Lao sausages and chilli dip are must-tries at Kong View Restaurant. It’s also one of the few riverside restaurant with quality live music, attracting those looking to enjoy after-dinner drinks in Vientiane.
Half of the restaurant is set outside in a garden overlooking the river, and those who don’t mind sacrificing those stunning river views can enjoy the comfort of air conditioning inside the main building instead.
Located about 3km west of That Dam stupa in central Vientiane, Kong View Restaurant sits next to the riverside. You can walk along the riverfront or get there by tuk-tuk if you’re staying far from the town centre.
Kong View Restaurant
- Opening Hours: Daily from 8am to 11pm
- Location: 183 Souphanouvong Road, Vientiane, Laos
- Tel: +856 21 243 686