That Dam Wine House overlooks Vientiane’s That Dam (black stupa) – it’s particularly popular at night, when the ancient stupa is illuminated with spotlights. The restaurant serves Laotian and European dishes, as well as a cellar filled with international wines.
The cost of a meal at That Dam Wine House is higher than the city’s many backpacker haunts down by the river. The hefty price tag is well worth it, thanks to the restaurant’s quality of food, attentiveness of the staff, and romantic setting.
- Full-Day Private Guided City Tour
- Private Tat Sae Waterfalls Hike with Elephant Ride
- Traditional Lao Life
- Private Full-Day Vientiane & Surrounds Excursion
- Private Full-Day Vang Vieng Excursion & Boat Ride
- Private Full-Day Tour to Phou Khao Khouay National Park
- Private Hill-Tribe Village & Kuang Si Falls Tour
- Small-Group Morning Almsgiving & Market Tour
- Private Day Trip to Nam Ngum Dam
- Small-Group Half-Day Vientiane Tour
Standouts include duck breast with orange sauce, Lao-style fried rice, red curry, and lamb tenderloin. That Dam Wine House is one of the best places to go for an evening meal – or even just a glass of wine – and enjoy views of That Dam.
Grab a seat at the secluded terrace, where you’ll be surrounded by lush trees and plants, as well as the restaurant’s beautiful setting of soft lighting and relaxing music.
That Dam Wine House
- Opening Hours: Daily from 10am to 10pm
- Location: That Dam, Vientiane 0100 Laos
- Tel: +856 21 217 368