The elegant Presidential Palace of Vientiane dates back to 1973, serving as the royal residence of the Royal Lao government. Designed by local architect Khamphoung Phonekeo, the building was only completed and opened in 1986 due to the political change and takeover of Pathet Lao in 1975.
- Full-Day Private Guided City Tour
- Private Tat Sae Waterfalls Hike with Elephant Ride
- Traditional Lao Life
- Private Full-Day Vientiane & Surrounds Excursion
- Private Full-Day Vang Vieng Excursion & Boat Ride
- Private Full-Day Tour to Phou Khao Khouay National Park
- Private Hill-Tribe Village & Kuang Si Falls Tour
- Small-Group Morning Almsgiving & Market Tour
- Private Day Trip to Nam Ngum Dam
- Small-Group Half-Day Vientiane Tour
The Presidential Palace became the venue for government functions and ceremonies. While closed to the public, it usually attracts photographers with its imposing but elegant Beaux-Arts architecture, tall colonnades, shaded balconies, and wrought-iron gates.
You can even see lush gardens surrounding the French colonial structure. The Presidential Palace of Vientiane is best seen at night, when it’s illuminated with artificial lights – giving you an opportunity for night photography in the Lao capital.
The Presidential Palace of Vientiane
- Location: Settathirath Road, Vientiane, Laos