Elegant Boutique, founded in 2008, offers quality silk and cotton tailoring services in central Vientiane. Owned by a Laotian designer named Tamong, the store has a mix of eastern and western fashion pieces, from suits and shirts to skirts and dresses.
It takes around 3 days for Tamong to produce your very own bespoke clothes, but shipping services are also available if you’re strapped for time. Elegant Boutique also sells silver jewellery made by hill tribes near Vientiane.
- Opening Hours: Daily from 9.30am to 8pm
- Location: 103, Rue Pangkham, Namphu Fountain, Vientiane, Laos
- Tel: +856 21 215 437
Phaeng Mai Gallery
Phaeng Mai Gallery is a traditional weaving village about 4.6 km west of central Vientiane. There are more than 30 local ladies working on a variety of Lao textiles – these fabrics are dyed by hand (using natural colouring) before intricate patterns are woven using on wooden looms. These authentic crafts make for beautiful souvenirs, which you can purchase at the onsite shop.
- Location: 110 Nongbouathong Tai Village, Sikottabong District, Vientiane 0100, Laos
- Tel: +856 21 217 341
Saoban Craft is an artisan village near Wat Ong Teu in Vientiane – you’ll find local craftswomen selling bamboo keepsakes, silver jewellery, and plenty of patterned textiles made from silk and cotton. This fair-trade village aims to preserve and promote ancient Lao crafts, create employment opportunities, and reduce poverty in Laos.
- Opening Hours: Monday–Saturday from 9am to 8pm (closed on Sundays)
- Location: 97/1 Ban Watchan of Rue Chao Anou, Chanthabouly District, Vientiane, Laos
- Tel: +856 20 96 345 586