Houey Hong Centre provides training in weaving, dyeing and tailoring for women from rural areas across Laos. This non-profit organization has an office and retail shop, conference room, tailoring and weaving rooms, a dyeing and stock area, cooking facilities, and a dormitory.
The sporadic nature of its funding means that Houey Hong Centre often supports itself by selling crafts made on the premises and offering tailoring services. They also offer half or full-day workshops, where visitors learn the craft of Laotian weaving. You can learn how to design traditional patterns, dye textiles using natural colour, and weave using traditional looms.
- Full-Day Private Guided City Tour
- Private Tat Sae Waterfalls Hike with Elephant Ride
- Traditional Lao Life
- Private Full-Day Vientiane & Surrounds Excursion
- Private Full-Day Vang Vieng Excursion & Boat Ride
- Private Full-Day Tour to Phou Khao Khouay National Park
- Private Hill-Tribe Village & Kuang Si Falls Tour
- Small-Group Morning Almsgiving & Market Tour
- Private Day Trip to Nam Ngum Dam
- Small-Group Half-Day Vientiane Tour
If you want to learn about this non-profit centre, there are English-speaking staff to show you around the centre and give in-depth info on some of the techniques used in making the handicraft. The guided tour costs around 25,000 kip per person.
Located 7km of central Vientiane, Houey Hong Centre reachable by tuk-tuks and local buses travelling to Houey Hong Village.
Houey Hong Centre
- Opening Hours: Monday–Saturday from 8am to 12pm and from 1.30pm to 4.30pm (closed on Sundays)
- Location: Houey Hong Village (Ban Hoeuy Hong), Vientiane, Laos
- Tel: +856 21 560 006